So my awesome friend Lori tagged me in a blog post over at her amazing blog A Little Slice Of Special. Check it out when you're done reading mine :)
There are five rules
1. Post these rules:
2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 random things.
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and tell them you've tagged them.
First, I would like to clarify that I'm terrible at taking self-photos because my camera is a smart phone without a camera that switches.... so I have to stand in bad light in front of a mirror. Failsies. This was me messin' with an up-do for my long hair........... which will be gone in 12 hours as well as (gasp!) RED!!! It was my hubby's idea-- I love that man :)
11 Random Things you may or may not know about me...
1. I was frightened into never dying my hair-- my mom made it very clear I was never allowed to while living under her roof and also made it seem like once I dyed my hair I'd never have my blond color again. Very dramatic. I did highlight it during summer 2010 but didn't love it enough to keep it. And I always wanted pink streaks!
2. My mom gave me a severed deer leg from knee to hoof as a toy (no, we weren't poor or trailer trash). My grandpa had found it in the woods, petrified, and my then 12 year old mom wanted to keep it and apparently turn it into a family heirloom. You could see the bone, the fur had maintained its color... writing this makes it sound so fucked up, not gonna lie. She still has it too.... for the grandkids.
3. Had a nose ring from 18 to 21. Loved it.
4. As a kid, I had a reputation of messing up my weekly Blockbuster VHS rental. I ended up renting "The Last Unicorn" and "Bingo" both of which got shut off by my mom because of the language. They said words like "damn" "hell" and "shit." My little brother gave me both the DVD's as recent Christmas presents so I could finally finish the movies! I also accidentally rented the NC17 "Pocahontas" (yes, it exists) because someone had switched the tapes. Wonder if my brother'll find that one.
5. I'm secretly a jazzy pop singer waiting to happen. (I kind of want to be a backup singer and a voice actor... seriously)
6. My husband is my first real boyfriend, the only guy I've ever slept with (TMI?), and second guy I ever dated or kissed. And we became a couple during dinner on our first date. That's how I roll.
7. Kind of tried meeting up with a few guys from MySpace. And actually met up with 3. One was an asshole and a memory I'd like to forget, the second was conceded but amusing, and the third will be a lifelong friend. Love my friend Patrick. (My brother did worry about me that summer though)
8. I owned albums of Britney Spears, NSync, Backstreet Boys, Melissa Ethridge, Paula Abdul, Creed, Ace of Base, Spice Girls, and Nickelback. Yeah.......................... but I still love Ace of Base and Spice Girls!
9. Never broken a bone. Knock on wood.
10. When I had my tonsils removed, the doctor told me only 1% of all patients have complications. Yup, I'm that kind of person. So when I was 8 I had them removed, told the nurse afterwards that I kept having to swallow something, but they sent me home anyway. A few hours later I was throwing up blood at home and when the ER wouldn't see me immediately I threw up more blood in their garbage can. That got their attention. The doctor tried re-doing the stitches while I was awake and I had to hold a stick in my throat. Fun. Needless to stay I was put back into surgery and stayed overnight.
11. I love the anime show "Fairy Tail" so much that my husband and I want to seriously get their emblem tattooed on our bodies. But I want to do a special individual design for each of us because guess what... I draw and need to embrace that fact.
Here's what Lori wanted to know--
1. What's your favorite color-and why?
Light Pink (any pink really) because it's feminine and sweet. Also it looks cool in hair.
2. What's your favorite song of all time?
This is a terrible question because I CAN'T PICK FAVORITES!!!! I'm unbelievably indecisive. I've changed my tastes in music many times since I was kid (mostly because as I got older I was allowed to listen to more "adult" stuff... stupid parental warnings). Here's what I will love for the rest of my life: "All I want is You" by U2, "Maps" by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, "In the Bleak Midwinter" performed by Julie Andrews, "Edelweiss" from Sound of Music, "Rainbow Connection" by Kermit the Frog, "Closer" by NIN, and "Creep" by Radiohead.
3. Favorite guilty pleasure?
Food/Drink wise: Diet coke with Lime-- I have one every day. Otherwise... I don't feel guilty about any of the weird stuff I watch/listen to/ read-- own it baby!
4. What was the name of your first pet, how old were you when you got them and what were they?
My first pet was/is Niko, a Russian Blue cat. I was 23 when my husband and I adopted him from the Anti-Cruelty Society. Love my little baby boy.
5. Who was your best friend in 5th grade, are you still friends with them?
Not gonna lie, I was kind of a "best friend whore"-- I went through them like water. I reached a point in my life now where I don't really believe in best friends... it seems unfair to your other good friends, and who wants to rank the important people in their life? Anyway, I think it was a toss up between Vicki Philips/Beth Franco/Katie Overum. I have no idea what happened to Beth, Vicki and I are "friends" on FB, and Katie & I spoke once about 6 years ago randomly.
6. Of the places you've lived where was your favorite?Chicago, baby! One of the greatest, most beautiful cities in the world. I promise. Though I haven't quite started a full life in LA yet so I'm withholding judgment.
7. What has been the best place you've traveled?
Haven't been to too many places, in fact I spent my childhood going to Disneyworld every other year. Note: that was NOT a complaint. Besides WDW (it really is one of the happiest places on earth), Washington D.C. It's beautiful, clean, interesting-- I didn't get enough time there when we stayed a few days on our family tour of the eastern U.S. but I haven't forgotten how beautiful that place is....
8. Name one item on your bucket list.
Go to the airport with a carry-on, pick a place, and go... FIRST CLASS.
9. What's your favorite blog?
Um... I love all the blogs I read. They're all so different! Little Slice o' Special is all about fashion/health/beauty, CupcakesOMG is f'in HILARIOUS, Is It Naptime Yet is sweet and fun/great parenting observations, Reading List has interesting book reviews, Simply E3 is insightful and pretty... Yeah, I'm not picking a favorite. And you can't make me!
10. What's your favorite scary movie?
Ugh, I hate current scary movies. Blood & gore do not appeal-- I'm old school. Top 3 in no particular order: "Night of the Hunter," "Wait Until Dark," and "Strangers on a Train" If you don't know these films, look them up then watch them.
11. Bigfoot, Nessie, etc...real or not real?
Now youz better answer my questions!!!
1. What celebrity are you DYING to meet and why?
2. What was the best concert you ever went to?
3. What was the first big "adult" purchase you ever made and how did it feel?
4. Dream vacation... GO!
5. First real crush and did you do anything about it?
6. What's your favorite film? Worst film ever made?
7. Most embarrassing moment?
8. What era would you live in and why?
9. Got any weird cravings/ food combos you absolutely love?
10. Would you ever get plastic surgery? If no, why not? If yes, what?
11. Top 3 books and why?
Lori at Little Slice of Special
Michael at Two Shots of Euphoria
Kristin at The Never Ending Reading List
Liz at Is It Naptime Yet
Elizabeth at Simply E3 Design
Melissa at CupcakesOMG!