19 December 2011

Workout Tunes

Because I love lists, I'm going to give you my Top 10 Current Workout Playlist (with added commentary because it's what I do). I say "current" because fun songs come out all the time so this list will eventually change.

1. "Shake It Out" by Florence + the Machine
Great beat, lyrics, and voice, not to mention inspiring in any part of your life that needs a little boost.

2. "I Won't Back Down" by Eminem featuring Pink
Though not my favorite genre, Rap, with its fast lyrics and heavy beats, is fantastic when sweating like a pig on the elliptical. Plus the whole 'not backing down' thing is perfect when 300lbs and facing off against workout equipment.

3. "Till I Collapse" by Eminem & Nate Dogg
This song is all about working hard "till I collapse." Though I'd prefer not passing out on a treadmill, it certainly pushes you back to the gym.

4. "Power" by Kanye West
A take charge kind of tune.

5. "Moves Like Jagger" by Maroon 5 featuring Christina Aguilera. 
If you've listened to KissFM, been in a club, trendy bar, or Forever 21 in that last few months you're no stranger to the melodic (and slightly annoying) whistling of this tune.  I know it's overly pop-ish with a dash of ridiculous, Adam Levine needs to be reminded that he is not actually Mick Jagger, and it's an overall strange song... but damn it's catchy and fun to exercise to.

6. "Mercy" by Duffy
I love British Pop. Listen to this song and you'll know why.

7. "99 Problems" by Hugo
One of the best covers EVER and an altogether ass-kicking song.

8. Anything by Ke$ha
Her songs are awesome for working out. I know she has a $ in her name, but if you take the time to listen to her lyrics, you'll realize most of her music is either satyrical or meant to be shallow.

9. "Nothing But the Beat"(album) by David Guetta
It's club music. Nuff said.

10. "Mariella," "We Get On," and "Merry Happy/Little Red" by Kate Nash
Kate Nash is the shit. The end.

Honorable Mention:
"I Fucking Hate You" by Godsmack
"Gold Digger" by Kanye West featuring Jaime Foxx
"Set Fire to the Rain" by Adele
"Mamma Knows Best" by Jessie J
"All These Things That I've Done" by The Killers

6 comments:

  1. "Love Me or Hate Me" Lady Sovereign, "Booty Wurk" T-Pain, "Countdown" Beyonce, "Dance (A$$)" Big Sean, "What A Feeling" Alex Gaudino feat Kelly Rowland, "Night of Your Life" by Jennifer Hudson and David Guetta are my suggestions. I like your list! Stay motivated, being healthy and comfortable is so worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe I wasn't following your blog. This issue has been remedied.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And thanks for the suggestions. Always looking for new music.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Americano- Gaga
    Barbra Streisand-Duck Sauce
    Boys Wanna Be Her- Peaches
    Crown of Age-The Ettes
    Dynamite- Taio Cruz
    Freak- Estelle
    Kiss with a Fist-Flo and the Machine
    My chick bad-Ludacris
    OUtta Your Mind-Lil Jon
    Pot Kettle Black-Tilly and the Wall
    Rompe-Daddy Yankee
    Sexy and I know it-SMFAO
    Whats a Girl Gotta Do- Basement Jaxx
    You Make me feel-Cobra Starship
    Cities in the dust- JUnkie XL
    Kick it- Nina Martine

    Just a few from my list :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some models are specifically geared towards a core workout; so if that's what your most interested in, look for those models.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As trashy as Ke$ha is. I have her two cd's, will probably get the next one (if its not out yet). Her songs are hilarious! Buuut, I'm more of a country girl now. :)

    ReplyDelete