24 January 2012

Lite Baked Spaghetti

This recipe comes from the January 2012 issue of Food Network Magazine. Since I don't want to get in trouble with FNM, I won't post the recipes on my public blog anymore. I think they frown upon it.  But I will tell you to get this month's issue because there're loads of cooking tips and recipes for a healthier lifestyle! Here's a few worth trying: Baked Buffalo Wings, Ginger Carrot Soup, Bulgur Salad, Tofu-Potato Scramble, and Baked Alaska. And if you love Red Velvet: Cheesecake, Cake Roll, Layer Cake, and Sandwich cookies.  Okay, I'm done with the shameless plug.

Anyway, I semi-doubled the spaghetti so it looked like this right out of the oven:


It was fabulous!  The author of this recipe is actually Bobby Deen, Paula "I love butter" Deen's son.  He traded up ingredients from his mom's original baked spaghetti to make a flavorful yet less caloric version. Apparently Bobby also has a new show on the Cooking Channel-- if I had cable I'd definitely tune in since this next gen chef knows what he's doing. Definitely some tastypants food.

My favorite ingredients are the fresh cremini mushrooms, fresh basil, green peppers, and chicken sausage. I'd never cooked with chicken sausage before so this was another cooking first.  Thank you FNM.

And if you're DYING to try this recipe... send me a message and we'll work something out.

3 comments:

  1. question...did it have calories per serving listed in the recipe?! It looks effing delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly no. But I'll keep a lookout for calorie counts with future recipes!

    ReplyDelete