19 March 2011

Japan

I really don't know what to say about the horrors that have happened and are happening in Japan.  When across the globe, hearing and reading about a disaster of this magnitude, I realize the insignificance of my petty problems, my singular life, and am in awe of nature's rage.  After watching a video of the tsunami consuming farmland as it reached a busy stretch of road, I... well... I really don't know what to say about that.  It was horrifying.

Though I can't do much from my apartment in Wisconsin, I will continue to pray for the people of Japan.  Amidst the tragedy there are miracles occurring every day, but it will be years before their nation is back to business and some strength in hope is in order.

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war rise up against me, yet I will be confident."   (Psalm 27: 1, 3)


"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight."   (Proverbs 3:5-6)


"When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears, and rescues them from all their troubles. The Lord is near to the brokenhearted, and saves the crushed in spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord rescues them from them all."   (Psalm 34:17-19)


"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging."   (Psalm 46:1-3)


And so... hold your loved ones a little closer, make more time in your busy life for friends and family, and don't just think "I love you" but say it.  God bless Japan

No comments:

Post a Comment