15 February 2012

Makeup Shtuff

Here are a couple looks. The first is an "every day" that I've been doing since college.  It's ironic that I used to tease my mom for doing the same look for decades and here I am repeating history.  Ah well, when you've got something you think works I guess you stick to it.  At least... I think it works for me.


For this I used...
Smashbox Photo Finish Primer (green)
Smashbox Studio Skin 15hr Foundation
CG liquid cover up (that's so old the label is gone)
CG powder
Sephora blush me! Framboise Attraction no.3
Loreal shadow palette 823 - Bronzes
CG Perfect Point Plus black eye liner (smudged)
Maybelline Great Lash BIG in very black
Korres lip butter in Quince

I tend to stick with bronze and neutral shades of eyeshadow because of my inexperience with makeup. I don't mind experimenting but tend to stay on the safe side if I'm going to be seen in public.  Plus bronzes really make my blue eyes pop. For a more neutral look, I use brown eye liner under the shadow and brown mascara.  I realize I'd benefit from false eye lashes-- baby steps.

For Valentine's Day, my husband got me "Beauty and the Beast: the Enchanted Christmas" on blu-ray and this awesome Naked 2 palette by Urban Decay. How lucky am I?!


 This was my first experiment... which looks eerily similar to the above look, but in natural light (which I don't have a lot of in my apartment) I promise it looked different. I also tried to wing the liner a bit but it's hard with an eye pencil instead of liquid liner which I don't own...yet.

Makeup making an appearance in these photos...
(same foundation/coverup/blush/liner/mascara as before)
Bootycall for the brow, cheek highlight, inner eye
Suspect for the lid
Snakebite for the crease and lower lid
Urban Decay Lip Junkie gloss in Cools & Pumps (a new FAVE!)

What do you think? Do you have any advice on looks to do with the palette? I'm really excited to have black eye shadow but am not sure what to do with it.

1 comment:

  1. I really love both of these looks...I've always been a neutral everyday eye kinda gal...a really fun way to make a neutral eye different is to play with different liner colors and widths! I love playing with bright color eyeliner over a neutral eye! Also, for getting a handle on winged liner-practice on the back of your hand..it's all about applying different levels of pressure and essentially building the wing, I don't see a huge difference in using pencil, cream, or liquid liner, it's just a matter of practice IMO! Another easy way to change things up is to stick to the 3 color rule. Pick 3 shades that go together, a light, medium, and dark. Apply the lightest from lashes to brows, the medium over your entire lid, and the darkest just to your crease. You can add a little highlighter under your brow and to the inner corner of your eye if you want to as well! oh and black eye shadow...I vote for a go at a dark smokey eye...just make sure to brush a loose translucent powder under your eye first to catch debris or get some of those fancy under eye catch guards!

    ReplyDelete