24 July 2010

Captain Wentworth's Diary



As you can see, I'm moving right along with my summer reading list and have just completed this lovely piece of Jane Austen fan fiction: "Captain Wentworth's Diary."

Although I LOVE "Pride and Prejudice," my favorite book is "Persuasion" so it was only natural I would enjoy the story told through our hero Frederick Wentworth's eyes. Plus Amanda Grange fills in the blanks by detailing the first meeting and falling in love of Captain Wentworth and Anne Elliot. Back story is always welcome. It's a fast, interesting read for fans of Jane Austen's classic as well as written well with elegant language. Check it out.

P.S. I ditched "Battles at Thrush Green" - it just didn't interest me. I'm looking for another book to replace it and will keep you informed.

No comments:

Post a Comment